I am so excited to be blogging here today and tomorrow, y’all! I have to thank Eden, again, for inviting me. I’ve wanted to guest here for a long time and I’ve been wracking my brain for days on what to blog about because I want to make a good impression. I’d like to be invited back, ya know?
For those who do not know me, my name is Lissa Matthews. I write contemporary erotic romance, contemporary erotica, and a little contemporary male/male…all with an edge of kink play and sometimes with a little Dominance/submission. I write for several epubs including Samhain Publishing, Ellora’s Cave and Loose Id. Most recently I’ve waded into the self publishing pool.
For my posts, I decided that in the spirit of the season and since this is the week of Thanksgiving here in the US, that I would blog about things I am thankful for. Because I will be here for two days, I have two lists, each with eleven things.
Today will be the Nice and Thankful list…
1. Family, most specifically, my half-brother Troy for coming into my life after 32 years apart. We coudn’t be more alike and connected than had we been born twins. We will be spending Thanksgiving together later this week, the first for him with a sibling. I am beside myself with nervous excitement.
2. Friends, I have made some awesome ones this year. I have lost a few this year as well. Friends are special and precious and I hope that my friends know how much I love and appreciate them.
3. Health, mine is relatively good and I’ve lost too many people in the last years to cancers and other illnesses, to not be thankful that I and my immediate family are in good health.
4. Writing, I don’t know what I’d do without my career as an author. I am thankful for it every day, thankful for the things it has taught me, thankful for the people I’ve met, thankful that it has allowed me to provide and experience some wonderful things over the last several years.
5. Coffee. I don’t need to embellish on this one, do I?
6. Readers. I have so many loyal and wonderful readers. I don’t know all their names, but if I did, I would thank each and every one of them personally. They have been supportive and with me every step of the way, even when I’ve hit low points. They are amazing to me.
7. Home, because I’m a homebody. I love my own space. It’s not the ideal city or house, but for now, it’s home.
8. Trader Joe’s, Earth Fare, local farmers, because as a family we’re healthier and eating better with minimally processed, no artificial ingredients, no scientific altering of foods…
9. NASCAR and Football, what can I say? I’m a Southerner. These two things are what my son and I share love and passion for and we have some very awesome conversations. It keeps us close, keeps us talking.
10. Homeschooling, given the state of the public education system, the freedom to do this is one I can’t be thankful enough for!
11. Harry Potter, this one ties into my relationship with my daughter and her childhood memories.
What are you thankful for this year?
Tomorrow I’ll have a Naughty and Thankful list for you along with an excerpt of my upcoming Samhain release, TWISTED UP. And yes, there’s also a giveaway involved in all this. I will be giving a $25 gift card to Amazon.com and a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble! I’ll also be giving away two ARCs to readers for TWISTED UP!
For now, here’s the blurb to get you curious:
Justin has had enough. Ella, the woman who healed his broken heart, has been cancelling on him for two months straight. Sure, she’s busy with her job, which has her traveling far and wide. But that never stopped her from sharing nights of trivia, long conversations and blazing hot sex—until now. Truth to tell, he misses their easy friendship, the way her sighs fill his ear as he fills her body.
What he can’t figure out is, what’s changed?
At work, Ella finds it easy to talk to rooms full of strangers. Once back at her lonely apartment, though, she’s back to her painfully shy self—until Justin. Their chance meeting grew over the months into a year-long affair, but she can’t shake the feeling that rejection and pain are just around the corner. Best thing to do? End it now, before their intimacy digs too deep.
Suddenly he’s at her door with a length of neon-green rope and a naughty proposition, daring her to say no. Just how good could it be? There’s only one way to find out…
Warning: The sheets are tangled, the hat is crumpled, and the jeans are worn low on the hips. The cowboy is hot, determined, and helpless in the face of bunny slippers. Readers may need extra batteries to get this one out of their system.
To learn more about Lissa, visit her website: lissamatthews.com